Let's first state our intentions. We want to create an online service where:
- Indie developers can establish their presence, build their audience and distribute their games and apps.
- Customers can find and enjoy the diversity that the indie development scene has to offer, and play their part in the process
In order to do this we do need to know a bit about you, so that we can then provide you with a more personalised experience.
Changes and Amendments
Who is Collecting the Information?
The information that you provide is collected by IndieCity Limited, Regent Square House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4NL, UK.
Our Collection and Use of Your Information
- We collect information that is submitted via an online form.
- We collect emails that you send to us using one of the contact email addresses shown on the site.
- We collect your purchase details (product purchased, price paid, date and time, points used for discount, payment method used) which will be recorded and stored by us so that: a) we have the details in case of charge back or refund claims, and b) we can supply developers with accurate invoices and transaction statements.
- We collect browsing and anonymised game usage activity so that we can measure the quality of the service that we offer and improve our offering to you. We allow developers to see the aggregated, anonymised traffic to their pages, but other than this your usage activity is not shared with anyone.
- On the pc platform we offer an optional peer–to-peer sharing method to download and install games and apps. Your IP address is distributed with the parts of the product that you share. Other users do not have access to any other information about you, your hardware or software.
- IndieCity may choose to offer rewards to users that use our peer-to-peer sharing method to help share lots of indie titles with fellow customers. We therefore may keep a record of the peer-to-peer activity, but will not share it with anyone else.
- If you are online your username may be logged upon start up to verify your licence and so that any subsequent unlocked achievements and leaderboard entries can be associated with your profile. If you were previously offline any leaderboard entries and unlocked achievements will have been cached and will then be transferred.
- Your IP address is used to detect your country of residence and suggest the appropriate currency for you to use when purchasing games and apps.
- Your date (or year) of birth may be recorded (if requested) in order to know whether you are allowed to access the Service or certain features offered in the Service, or to view Teen or Mature games or apps.
- You game/app purchase, page visiting and ratings history may be used to provide content recommendations.
- We will store details of the licenses for the Games that you have access to so that we can make them available to you. This information may be shared with third parties with whom we have agreements relating to the provision of the Service, but only so that they can verify that the licence has been granted and to enable you to access and play the Game.
- We will store your achievements and high scores.
- Your transactions will be recorded in case of any subsequent issues such as charge-backs and refund claims. Your anonymised sales information will also be supplied to the appropriate seller (developer) so that they can track their overall sales statistics.
- If you are a developer, your company name, logo, contact address and social media usernames are shown on your game & app pages and bio page.
- We may use your email address for operational issues (such as informing of planned site maintenance), password resets, and promotional emails (see Marketing Communications section for more details on this).
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we have expressly requested and received your consent to such disclosure.
- Where we have an agreement with such party for it to be directly involved in the provision of the Service. In such circumstances we will require such third party to enter into a binding agreement with us to protect your information and to require them to hold and use it only insofar as necessary for the provision of the Service.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If IndieCity Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Circumstances when we will NOT collect information from You
We will not gather information that you do not wilfully provide, such as your computer hardware or software set up. The exception to this is where we may use third party web traffic tracking tools, (such as Google Analytics), but none of this information would ever be personal or identifiable.
What we do NOT do with Your Information
How we Protect Your Information
Your password and personally-identifying information (PII) are encrypted. Your PII is backed-up in a private cloud-hosted environment with PCI DSS, Level 1 PCI DSS v2.0 and ISO 27001/2 certification/accreditation.
IndieCity may contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. IndieCity will not sell or trade personal information to other companies. IndieCity will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless we have received your consent.
Hyperlinks to External Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party site.
List of IndieCity Cookies
This is a list of the cookies used by IndieCity and what they do.
|session_native||This cookie is used to store information that enables you to browse the website when logged in. Without it some parts of the service will be unavailable.|
|phpbb3_||Cookies prefixed with phpbb3_ are used with the IndieCity forum. They will store small snippets of information enabling you to browse and use the forum. Without these cookies the forum will be unavailable.|
List of Third Party Cookies
This is a list of third party cookies used by IndieCity and what they do.
|Crazy Egg||IndieCity uses Crazy Egg, an online mouse tracking software that enables the evaluation of user focus with regards to site interface. Crazy Egg sets a cookie in order to monitor your actions on IndieCity and then compiles heat maps showing where users have interacted with the website.|
IndieCity uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the service and compile reports for us on activity on the IndieCity website.
By using this information we can then review the statistics and see how the service provided can be improved for our end users.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using IndieCity, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
We control how the information collected about you is used. GoSquared will use it on our behalf to evaluate your use of this website and report to us about this website's operations. GoSquared may provide it to third parties if needs be, for example, in order to comply with the law or to third parties processing that information on behalf of GoSquared. For more information on GoSquared's practices, please see http://www.gosquared.com/legal/
IndieCity uses Mixpanel, a web analytics service provided by Mixpanel, Inc. ("Mixpanel") to capture, store, and analyse data about your use of this website.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to IndieCity at enquiries@IndieCity.com, or by post to the address listed above.
We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within two business days.